Thursday, July 30, 2009

Yeah I Know

Darlings are pretty great. They're one of those "New York buzz bands," and I'd say they deserve it. Yeah I Know is like 10 New York moments wrapped up in jangly guitars, where you remember everything, but it's just a bit fuzzy and you cant's get that New York noise out of your head. The songs are at once familiar (so familiar in fact, that I can't think of the comparison I want to make) and relatable, yet still have that youthful exuberance that comes with the light subject matter. Darlings probably aren't trying to change the world with their music but they definitely make some fun, noisy, 60's influenced garage pop about girls, TVs, and everyone's favourite reason for celebration: eviction. Yeah I Know releases August 11th on Famous Class, and I'd highly recommend picking up a copy since it's an all-around good time. And so you can say you knew about them before they go on and open for the Strokes or someone.

Yeah I Know .mp3

No comments: