Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Dimes

This isn't quite indie-pop, but since I do like to partake in the occasional tall glass of folk-pop, I thought Portland's The Dimes warranted a post. Sounding something like Iron and Wine meets Death Cab for Cutie and maybe a dash of The Decemberists, The Dimes make some pretty pop-y folk songs, or maybe some pretty folk-y pop songs, I'm not quite sure which. Complete with mandolins, melodicas and the mighty lap steel, The New England EP is four tracks based on stories from the Boston area. I'm no Boston historian, so I can't vouch for their accuracy, but I can say that they're four really good folk-pop songs. Head over to The Dimes Myspace to hear some songs from The New England EP, pick up a copy of their debut album, or just say hi. And if you like what you hear, you should mark all of August on your calendar, because that's when their sophomore album is due out!

Here's my favourite track from the EP:
Clara .mp3

No comments: