Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Blue Sky On Holiday (but it's out today)













































I thought I posted about Annemarie before, but apparently not. So, Annemarie are a six-piece pop outfit from Indonesia. "Bubblegum" seems to be stuck to them like glue, and if you play "Bubblegum I See" off their Myspace, you'll see why. I got a nice little email the other day saying they're working on a new album, and it looks like they're going to make a slight departure from the usual "bubblegum pop" sound. Something about infusing some jazz and Latin sensibilities to it, and that's just fine with me (as you might gather based on my last post). I'm not sure exactly what that's going to sound like, but I am sure that the two new tracks I've heard are pretty ace.

Spring Bus .mp3

No comments: