Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Heads Up Display

Hmm...so I'm going to try new format #3 now. Short synopsis new band/old band!

So...






















I got a nice email about Heads Up Display a while ago and hadn't had time to post about their new EP. AS/IS is like a rift in the space time continuum where 1990s college rock is seeping through into 2009 and mingling with musicians brainwaves. Think Weezer before they started sucking. Or The Pixies if they had formed 15 years later.Head over to their site to give the whole EP a listen! I'm partial to "Formula vs. Perfume" myself.

And here's an old bootleg of the Pixies live at Newcastle Poly in 1989. Now I'm not saying Heads Up Display are ripping off the Pixies, but I thought the two were a nice one-two, old-modern,"hey-this-is-pretty-good, now-I'm-in-the-mood-for-this" lunch special.

No comments: